Get a child healthy in 7 Steps!
The most important factor in a child’s health is love. We have learned love is the deal breaker. Now, we can implement a good, wholesome, nutrient-dense diet and obtain success.
This article is not the be all nor end all. However, you will only see improvement by implementing these steps. These steps will go along with most any other program you are on and eventually may replace other programs. It is the goal to have a child healthy by simply eating healthy foods -requiring no prescriptive medication. Of course there are situations where this is necessary, but our goal to is live as healthy as we can with the situations we face.
No one is saying that this will be easy. But nothing worth fighting for is easy and our health and the health of our children is truly a battle worth fighting!
We have fostered several children. And through these children we find that each child is sick and has understandable behavior issues. Life can give some pretty hard blows. And we are all capable of mistakes, so there will be no judgement here…As we help out and take in these orphaned/foster children we find joy in watching each child grow strong very quickly. There is a significant change in a child’s behavior when you change to a healthy diet, give consistent parameters, and lots of love.
You will see a wonderful change in just two months!
From time to time we have to set the reset button in our home when we travel or go through a busy season, visit friends and family, so this method works well for all situations. Getting a child healthy is actually rather quick when you commit. An older child changing eating habits may take a little more time, but it is worth every minute because it changes a life. Remember, success and consistency is rooted in the repetitive process. Change occurs in steps.
Here is the List of Success for any child changing to a nutrient-dense diet:
- Find Farmers that are local, non-modified, and users of natural pesticides. Take care of these farmers! Be generous and consistent and buyer of nourishing milk and produce. RealMilk (Utilize your local WAP Chapter ).
- Buy the most local, fresh, Vegetables on a weekly basis. Try EatWild as a resource and find your local Farmer’s Markets. If you eat the same 20 foods, you may miss the foods that your child will love to get his/her nutrients.
- Plant a Garden. Even if small and ugly! Small pots inside or outside, in the earth; it doesn’t matter. Give some grounding and pride! Growing a garden is simply magic to a child who has lived off of fast food! Touching the earth and getting dirty is very cleansing. Let the children harvest herbs, vegetables, and fruits. Our children are more likely to eat when they are part of growing and harvesting it.
- Bone Broth! Get the biggest pot you have. Open the Nourishing Traditions book and make some bone broth (beef, chicken, fish). Hands down the best health builder. We try to have a mug for breakfast every day. It’s a goal, not always met but certainly attempted! Here’s a recipe from Savory Lotus.
- Avoid/Reduce the bread and sugar for a week and evaluate. Any reduction is beneficial as you gradually work up to soaked, sprouted, whole grain bread. Try these You may find this at your local grocery store also, but these are the brands we use. Also, use some local raw honey in small amounts.
- Drink good, Clean Water through a Filter. Drop the sodas as much as you can, unless homemade with nutrients. Water is plain so you may need to put in a tablespoon of fruit juice or a squeeze of lemon to ease the transition. This may take several months. My husband nearly went into anaphylactic shock for this transition!
- Soak nuts, beans, grains to help clean the phytates from these foods before consumption.
In every child (and adult) we see amazing improvements after only a few weeks. Within 1 -2 months, behavior is so improved that we can go out in public very successfully. Specifically, the child begins to communicate and express his emotions without hitting or having a temper tantrum. And most wonderfully the tastebuds wake up and a child begins to enjoy eating a good healthy diet. We see amazing transformations as we get children healthy.
For even more tips to get healthy, see this.
May you find tremendous health and success as you begin Fostering Nutrition for you and those you love.