Pick a Peck of Pickled Eggs!
Pickled Eggs are not a food we eat every day or even in the last 2 or 5 years! But, sometimes I get stuck when it comes to preparing meals. I have the regulars but after a while we all get tired of them. My husband, on the other hand, can eat steak and potatoes every day and never get bored!
We generally use remaining sauerkraut juice to make salad dressing, but I decided to try a new deal.
As we peel these beautiful quail eggs from our farmer, they are disappearing very quickly. Wondering if there might be a fun “other” way to prepare these eggs that might add some awe, I remember my homemade red cabbage sauerkraut. Truly, this is my favorite sauerkraut because it comes out crispy every time and so colorful.
Pickling the Lazy Way
Without google-ing, I just knew that I could put the eggs in a jar for a few weeks and get some beautifully pickled quail eggs or at least it is a really big hope.
As the cook for my family, it’s important to include probiotics into our diet on a daily basis. Behaviorally, we notice an enormous improvement with this incorporation.
Also, it is my opinion, that fermented food allows the body to forgive all the other not-as-healthy choices we make. Nutrition in food absorbs better than supplements and there is our family mantra that pills are just not nearly as fun as eating!
- We boil the quail eggs for about 10 minutes and peel them under cold water.
- Add as many eggs to the sauerkraut jar that will remain submerged in the kraut juice
- Leave on the counter for a day then,
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 – 5 weeks. The longer the better the pickled flavor.
Honestly, the pickled eggs would probably taste better around 5 weeks, but it just didn’t happen because the patience runs out!
These cute, little, purple, pickled eggs make a fun addition to our lunch salad. Although I wish these were in my cookbook for the sheer beauty, but I am happy to share this idea with your family now.
Hope you have fun getting healthy too!
Please share with me if you try it and let me know what you think.
Latest posts by Mandy (see all)
- Buying Club – Real Food Recovery - March 8, 2018
- Stop the Gas; Prepare Your Beans - November 28, 2017
- Donate to Heal You and Orphans; Real Food Recovery Cookbook - November 27, 2017