Probiotic Ice Cream is the best idea EVER!
My young son and I fly to a friend’s home in Virginia to “talk shop”. We are both Nutritional Therapy Practitioners and love it! She is amazing and we share our learnings on how to get people healthier. A definite highlight is while we are there, it snows a few feet!
My friend then shows us how to make snow ice cream! (Very important to get the middle snow…the top is too crunchy, and the bottom is the first snow which is not as clean!)
We do not have snow in Florida, so for some fun with the children we use ice and it works.
We have children that are on a GFCF diet and we use coconut milk instead. But for our children that have recovered we can fill the gut with cultured dairy flora. Raw yogurt from goat’s milk is a wonderful choice, because goat’s milk has more enzymes and therefore is much easier to digest.
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 cup Raw Goat's Milk Yogurt (made the day before)
- 1/2 - 1 cup of Ice
- 2 Tbsp pecans (or peanut butter, blueberries, strawberries, etc..)
- 1 Tbsp (or more if you need) Raw Honey
- We put all ingredients into our Blendtec on the Ice Cream mode and
Now we have homemade snow ice cream that has a hugely beneficial probiotic content. I think the combo of the honey and pecans give the right mix to the tang of plain yogurt. Snow Ice cream is a little more watery than regular ice cream but this was a score for after dinner treats for mommy and children! If you need to, adjust the ice amount to your preference.
If you live in the snow areas of our world, skip the blender and the ice. Just stir ingredients together then add 1 cup of snow!
Try it and let me know how you adjust the recipe.
Latest posts by Mandy (see all)
- Be Happy No Matter What - September 1, 2019
- Managing Anger - June 27, 2019
- Riboflavins; Best Source is Organ Meat to Boost Immune - March 17, 2019