Want some real food popsicles? It’s wonderfully fun! When you eat great ingredients, food tastes great and you become great!
Real Food Popsicles
Working with kids is positively challenging when it comes to eating healthy. The competition out there is wildly intense. Virtually every grocery store, office, and clinic offers a lollipop, candy or cookie to make visits happy. While bakery window-displays adorn the space with brightly colored confectories, the sugar rush causes a hot mess – for Mama and child!
The “AHA” Moment
As the parent and surrogate parent for foster kids, the key to success is creativity. Initially, no one really likes to take a pill or even considers eating yogurt or kefir. Usually, this is the first place I like to attack! The gut impacts the behavior of a child and rather than burdening myself with massive discipline efforts; I prefer just getting some good flora into the gut. Read my “aha” moment about discipline versus a bad gut. We are happy to have this information learned from the children we brought through our home.
Since pills are hard to take and the food itself offers a more absorbable option, let’s do this! We actually found these amazing molds at a local store that add another element of fun. There are lots of choices, but this brand is our favorite- Zoku molds. Remember, you can make a great shake, but when you freeze it; that, my friends, becomes magic sauce for kids!
- 1 cup plain, organic yogurt
- 1/3 cup raw, local honey
- 10 ounces favorite frozen fruit (we use mango today)
- 1 frozen banana
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend it well.
- Set up your popsicle holder.
- Pour smoothie into the holders.
- Freeze for a few hours until firm and frozen.
Latest posts by Mandy (see all)
- Buying Club – Real Food Recovery - March 8, 2018
- Stop the Gas; Prepare Your Beans - November 28, 2017
- Donate to Heal You and Orphans; Real Food Recovery Cookbook - November 27, 2017