The problem with cancer is that people don’t want to know about it until a doctor tells you, “You have cancer.” I know because it happened to us.
I had absolutely NO idea what cancer or chemotherapy meant until we discover cancer in our 2 year old foster son. We received medical advice without knowing anything about this disease-and subsequently faced this tough decision as ignorant parents.
We do research and it is amazing. The oncology team states that our son has a 2-5% chance of survival with neuroblastoma, and chemotherapy is discussed as the only option. We didn’t know to ask about other options. But 2-5% are horrible odds and chemo is expensive -more than $400,000.
The goal is to share several options for treating cancer so that you can discuss this with your medical team.
These treatments have been documented as viable options. I’ll give a brief, layman’s explanation about each. But you have to do the research for yourself and discuss with your medical team. This list is intended to save you a few steps and give you a resource we would have appreciated.
Cancer Treatment List:
- Dr.Burzynski Peptide Approach-Doctor from Poland, discovered success in studies against cancer during the 1970s; uses healthy human peptides.
- Gerson Juice Diet– with clinics in Mexico and Europe. This is a plan to juice and starve cancer cells. Want some testimonial? Look at this film.
- German Freeze Method– clinics also located in America, treatments for 30 years with systemic treatment usage including hypothermia.
- Cowan Holistic Approach-systemic and bio-individual approach from a Natural Medical doctor who has found tremendous success.
- Dr. Gonzales Metabolic Method, Natural Medical Doctor who evaluates metabolic type and treats systemically with a customized plan. He uses enzymes, enemas, supplements and more, with tremendous success. Search you tube and listen to his lectures, but be awake; he is fast and brilliant.
- Essential Oils. The research is vast. Find oils with less synthetics which are more effective! Here is a study on some oils that work well. Source As part of the volunteer work through our non-profit, we give effective essential oils to the foster kids and it works great. The link for my site with the oils we use also supports our nonprofit work for foster children.
- Chemotherapy- The most widely accepted approach, but discuss with your doctor your risks and choices.
Certainly, choose to eat healthy whatever method you choose.
Be aware that the foods you eat are very important in this time.
- When administering chemotherapy, the nurse comes into the room with a hazmat suit. They must be cautious in case this toxin spills.
- For radiation, metal protective vests are worn with doors thicker than Fort Knox.
Risks Exists with Every Treatment
Don’t let anyone bully you on any approach. This is truly a personal decision, because you have to live with the decision. We are bio-individually created and therefore, unique.
We know survivors of cancer from all of the above approaches.
Eat right- It’s your fuel and natural medicine
Exercise- It is a natural detox, and
Believe in your Treatment- Discuss collaboratively with your doctor, and
Be Mentally Positive- there is power in believing.
- No Sunburn Watermelon Shake - June 11, 2022
- Foster Care is Not What You Think - January 9, 2021
- Egg Nog for the Whole Family - December 23, 2020
8 thoughts on “Cancer Treatments that Everyone Should Know”
I was told in 2009 that without aggressive chemo and radiation, internal and external that I would not live a year. With chemo and rad I was given 5 years with additional surgery for bowel blockages and scar tissue etc. I decided I did not want to subject my body through all that. I decided to live until I died, my way. Well, here it is 5 years later and I am still alive and healthier than I think I have ever been. I did change my eating habits and made many lifestyle changes.
Claudia, that is so wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. We radically changed our eating habits too and the benefits are amazing. Blessings for many more healthy years.
I had ovarian (right) cancer almost four years ago! I had Total Hysterectomy. The Oncologists recommend chemotherapy but I decline since it was only Stage 1 and already on menopause stage. It was a tough decision for me but I did not want chemo on my body! That was the hardest decision I made in my life!! But of course, I had also tested for CA 125 and it went down after my surgery to only 19!
So sorry! It’s really epidemic how many are getting cancer. Every improvement is success! Please look around my site and others that give you good diet options too. Our food is so important to stay healthy and keep disease away. Be blessed and stay strong!
I love this post..thank you…the realness and truth and light of it and you comes through in your writing!
I was was diagnosed with Stage IIa colon cancer in June 2012. Had surgery to remove the tumor and realized afterward that surgery does not cure cancer because it is not curing the causes of cancer.
My cancer journey has been detoxing my body emotionally, physically and spiritually. The cancer diagnosis was a blessing in that way. My wish is that more and more people realize they can heal through dietary and lifestyle changes. And not poison their beautiful bodies even more.
Thank you again,
Peace and Blessings,
Thanks, Cheri, really glad you found us. I pray you fully heal and recover and help many others.
[…] our first foster son had cancer, that was a whole new ball game! Just add hospital appointments, emergency visits, and 5 day […]
[…] nutrients per serving. So we contend that greens are the new “In Thing” for our family. Here’a another reason. Green vegetables are almost always in a juice form to detox; preventatively, reactively, […]