Cashew Nut Protein Snack
As a parent in today’s world, keeping our kids happy and healthy is an intentional effort. It’s really not easy with sugary treats given away at most venues. For this reason, we try to eat foods that are less-processed and prepared without toxins. Plus having variety in foods within their season will ensure a corresponding variety of nutrients. Fortunately, the cashew nut is faster to prepare and delicious. But not every recipe turns out like I hope. Therefore, when a recipe has that magic sweet spot; we share.
Here is our Salted Maple Cashew Nut Protein Snack!
Every week we share Saturday together and work hard to keep out all of the media. We read, talk, and eat together. It’s a day we look forward to for true rest, good company and I try to prepare a little something special so the kids will look forward to this time as well.
The challenge is to find a new treat that is healthy and this week’s cashew nut snack is chock full of protein, sweet and savory. Additionally, the minerals of our golden salt (92 trace minerals) balances the sweet and salty flavors very well.
Flavoring the Cashew Nuts
Crisping the Cashew Nuts
This dish ends in a spectacular firework of wonder among the tastebuds. Well, maybe that’s a little much, but our family did wipe this cashew treat out in 15 minutes.
Watching their faces smile, compliments abound and that bit of peace where everyone is speaking nicely; this is priceless family time. The moment lingers with the flavor. My kiddos are getting older and very soon will begin adulting, so I feel all the more need to build fun moments and create delicious snacks that feed the senses a positive note and edifies the body.
Since I didn’t measure, I’ll give instructions the way it happened.
- Bag of raw cashews
- Maple syrup
- Golden Salt (or your favorite mineral salt)
- Place raw cashew nuts in a bowl.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of salt over nuts.
- Pour warm, filtered water over nuts to cover.
- Let sit on kitchen counter for 2 hours.
- Rinse nuts.
- Add a small amount of maple syrup and a sprinkle of mineral salt.
- Spread nuts across a cookie sheet.
- Slide onto the oven shelf at the lowest setting.
- (My oven is 170ºF, with a spoon propped in door for circulation.)
- Crisp for 3-4 hours or until desired crunch.
- Eat like popcorn!
Let me know what you think!