Healthy Family in 6 Easy Steps
Want a fast way to get healthy?! Eat foods that strengthen you and prevent disease. This is the purpose of food. Somehow, I really think we have forgotten this.
The current philosophy seems to be, “eat any food you like, and take a pill if our body can’t function properly!” – but if our bodies get only fast and convenient foods all the time, there is a high risk of malnutrition. We all want a healthy family which means we need to Drop the boxed food and eat real food.
Healthy Family in 6 Easy Steps through Food:
- Hydrate with lots of pure, filtered water. You should drink around half of your body weight in ounces every day. (A 150 lb. person would drink 75 oz) Adding lemon gives water an extra boost for health.
- Local, non-genetically modified vegetables & fruits- organic or void of synthetic pesticides.
- Protein is needed. Use Grass-Fed meats such as beef, lamb, goat, pastured chicken, turkey, free range eggs, wild-caught fish – prices can be higher than the grocery store because these foods are not subsidized by the government, but the benefit is worth it. Make Broth with the meat bones! ***Vegetarians: think beans, nuts, nut butters (similar to this) and some really good amino acids.
- Healthy Fat- Every cell of every tissue that makes every organ in your body is made up of fat, so it is very important! Choose: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Animal Fat. Eat Fat, Lose Fat: Mary Enig, M.D.
- Add fermented foods to your plate to increase intestinal flora for proper digestion. Choose whole plain yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha, and soda. There are many options; pickled red peppers, fermented ketchup, red cabbage sauerkraut, mustard cream, horseradish, pickled carrots, and mustard seeds.
- Bread: Reduce your consumption of gluten. This takes time because bread is in everything today. All grains, nuts, seeds need to be properly prepared; otherwise, minerals are pulled out of your body through the phytates. It is important to breakdown these foods so our bodies can digest it easier. Simply soak before using! Therefore, sourdough is the best choice since it has been fermented (soaked at room temp with salt-water or with yogurt). Consume carbs from vegetables and some fruit. A great gluten free option on occasion.
Source: NTA, See this
Important note: Avoid these Nine Genetically Modified food crops–only buy if it says non-GMO¹:
- Corn, including High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Cottonseed (used in vegetable cooking oils)
- Canola (canola oil)
- Sugar from sugar beets
- Hawaiian papaya
- Some varieties of zucchini
- Crookneck squash
1. Many reports regarding the harm of GMO’s via The Organic & Non GMO Report
Latest posts by Mandy (see all)
- Let’s Make a Flavored Mayo - June 17, 2017
- Little Purple Pickled Eggs: Healthy, Gorgeous, and Fun - June 11, 2017
- Protein for the Picky Eater in Your Home - June 2, 2017