Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Candy
Growing up in the south, we are raised with treats such as peanut brittle and pecan pralines. A few years ago, I began to experiment with honey and apple cider vinegar by changing a recipe to include these simple and healthier ingredients. Some of our friends’ kids have nut allergies, so I just omitted the nuts.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has so many amazing purposes [link here], but I probably negate all of them cooking it this way! We do make a wonderful tea when we get in a funk that has ACV, honey, and hot water. So this is minus the water and it came out way better than expected.
This is such a fun treat for our family. It has a hard crunch that turns soft and surprisingly chewy in your mouth. Hopefully, you can enjoy this as much as we do. It’s a terrific and quick dessert to make for special gatherings because it plates beautifully.
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour the honey and vinegar into a heavy saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir until mixture starts to boil.
- Adjust the heat to keep a low boil until foamy or the temperature reaches 300ºF
- Remove from heat, add vanilla (if using).
- Pour immediately onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Once completely chilled, break into bite size pieces.
- Store in fridge as they will soften at room temperature.
- These are crunchy, then turn chewy in your mouth.
Many more healthier recipes can be found throughout my website, and we sell a cookbook that supports our nonprofit feeding foster kids. Our hope is to share how being healthy can be delicious and fun!
- No Sunburn Watermelon Shake - June 11, 2022
- Foster Care is Not What You Think - January 9, 2021
- Egg Nog for the Whole Family - December 23, 2020